so new site plone integration is now going like this:
- hopefully i already have some design mockup, if not then i must use all imagination that i can posses to create decant design. i dont want to deploy site that i wont like. i want to create site that i could put under references.
- next thing i create new svn repository for every product that i have. most commonly i create two of them mysite.policy, mysite.theme.
- on my leptop i already have development buildout for my hosting, so i only add svn:externals to my src buildout directory
- then i create product skeleton for my products (paster create -t plone mysite.policy ...)
- after that do very similar changes that i do for every site (set mail host, theming, ...)
- then i ofcourse need to edit buildout configuration files (buildout.cfg, deployment.cfg) after that i put everything in svn
- on my server i first test deployment ... i call that stagging buildout where i test if the installation of new site went smoothly and also check that it didnt effect other sites that are running on the same zope instance.
- then setting up apache mysite_vhost.conf file
- creating caching directory
- creating awstats cont file and datadir
then of course comes also billing that i'm currently doing by my "low memory" brains. so some steps towards easier site deploying is necessary.
... well till next time