when integrating S&D had to do this two customizations:
* include more then just title and description for collector items in newsletter mail
* when content is collected and sent, state of this content should change. so that next time wont get sent.
and before we dive into coding, you know what to do ... PFMO
(Put the Fuc#### Music On) - if your neighbours dont like it, change neighbours
adding image to "Latest News" collector
- create custom item formatter implementing collective.dancing.IFormatItem
- register adapter for newsitem content type
- and thats it. when you collect news items our item formatter will be applied
Change item state after being sent
this is useful so collector does not grab items twice.
- create newsletter_workflow. (definition.xml) to describe states in short:
- pending (initial state): content is pending for review to be inlcuded into newletter
- ready: ready to be collected ny newsletter
- sent: content already sent
- create "newsletter_item_already_sent" subscriber method for MessageChanged action
- subscribe to MessageChanged action
- now create collector that listens for "ready" state, and your ready to go
well thats about it, S&D is fantastic project relatively young, but is becoming more and more stable and feature reach. i could say its one of those tools in plone i really missed in the past.
- Daniel Nouri on "Composer templates, IFormat and IFullFormatter"
- Zope Component Architecture